Finding Sam Heughan information on Facebook
I am not a Facebook expert by any means. In fact, I find myself perplexed and annoyed by it whenever I do all but the most basic things. However I will explain what I think you need to know to get your Heughan & Outlander fixes. I’m sure someone will correct me if I make any substantive errors.
There seem to be several types of Facebook pages and accounts with subtle distinctions in functions (note these are not the official Facebook distinctions since I didn’t find those useful)-
- Personal Accounts- These are created by individual people and are the most common type. They can friend and be friended by other personal accounts. They can like posts and other accounts. If you want to participate fully in all the Facebook communities this is what you need.
- Sam Heughan’s page– this is his personal page and he has graciously left some things public so that we can see them, but other than that we should leave him alone there.
- Accounts used for business or promotion- These are set up and run by people officially associated with whatever is being promoted. The three main pages of this type that I’m aware of are:
- Diana Gabaldon’s page.
- Outlander Starz page. The official page for the tv series.
- Heart of Lightness page. This is the movie Sam was working on when he officially signed on as Jamie and there are many pictures and interesting tidbits there about Sam and the movie.
- Fan pages- These are set up to provide information and a place to chat about something or someone, but are not officially associated or sanctioned.
- Groups- Groups can be joined from your personal account and they provide a way to discuss common interests and share information. Groups can be either open (all you have to is click join and you’re in) or closed (after clicking Join someone will have to approve your entry). There are so many of these now, that I’ve split them off onto their own page: Facebook Groups.
Open groups can be viewed without having or logging into a Facebook account, just by clicking the link.
I know there are other relevant groups out there and if you send me links in the comments, I’ll update the page.
7 thoughts on “Facebook”
For the last week I believed I was chatting with the real Sam Heughan..then I saw all these groups to join
It has become really overwhelming. I don’t know which ones are real or fake.
Thank goodness though.. the chats were normal..no personal information given, and was not asked to give money..
Although.. there was one request..
Sam .. the imposter asked me for a card..
Because the storage was full…I am assuming on his computer.
Whoever.. this person was.. He was very polite..
So.. for the sake of all be careful.
I’m a very big fan of Sam’s. I’ve been a fan for about 5 years. Sam is a very gorgeous man
I was scammed by a Fan page. Finally, they asked for $10,000 to meet Sam. I was surprised at my own stupidity, and did not send anything. I blocked every single page of his, because they shifted pages. Don’t leave any private remarks on a fan page. I got messages on facebook, messages, and even my email. This was the first page I remarked on , that I enjoyed the series. While I feel sorry for him, he should have a couple pages, and call it. There are too many women who have spent the money believing this.
Hi there, I just want to be connected with Sam Heughan.
Finally, real information. This really helped. So many scammers they really suck, when u just want to enjoy reading about Sam, were unable to, because someone would hit me up acting like this actor. So glad to know he is real and he has places in place where to go to read about him. Thank u.
Good luck to sam for sunday in the stirling marathon and all the runners taking part.
Sam’s FB page is gone…sad, sad day