Sam Heughan’s Theatre Roles
Sam graduated from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in 2003. This page contains most of his theatre roles since graduating. Please take a moment to read a spotlight article about his experiences in theatre and school here.
King John, 2012, played John.
- Article prior to play opening, with some good quotes from Sam: http://www.s1play.com/onstage/show/king-john/
Batman Live, 2011-2012 played Batman.
- A series of pretty good videos from Batman Live.
- Trailers and lots of fun stuff at the official site.
- Comics and work-outs give new Batman star flying start on stage, in London Evening Standard, August 16, 2011.
- River City to Gotham City: Scots actor Sam Heughan dons the cape in Batman Live, in Daily Record, July 28, 2011.
- Interview and Clips
- TV Interview with New Mexico Style
- ‘Batman Live’ comes to L.A.: ‘This is where it belongs’
- Team Interview for Batman Live
- Batman Online Review of Batman Live
AMPHIBIANS By Steve Waters (Offstage Theatre at The Bridewell, 2011)
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/114851658582194/
- Trailer for the play (watch the whole thing to see Sam): http://framescourer.blogspot.com/2011/01/amphibians-offstage-theatre-at.html
- Description, Review and stunning picture: http://www.arbuturian.com/2011/amphibians
- Another Review: http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2011/jan/16/amphibians-dolls-house-julius-caesar-review
- Video clip: http://vimeo.com/33856578
The Talented Mr. Ripley, 2010, played Richard Greenleaf at the Royal and Derngate.
- Review: http://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/review.php/29672/the-talented-mr-ripley
- Review: http://www.westendtheatre.com/tag/sam-heughan/
Plague Over England, 2009 played Gregory at the Duchess Theatre, West End.
- Wikipedia article about play.
- Plague Over England Clip- NSFW
- An entry about it from the World Library Catalog. Not widely available.
- An interview with the author of the play, Nicholas de Jongh- clips from the play.
Romeo and Juliet, 2008 played Paris at the Dundee Repertory Theatre.
Macbeth, 2008 played Malcolm at the Royal Lyceum Theatre, Edinburgh.
The Pearlfisher, 2007 played Roderick, Eddie the Gaffer at the Traverse Theatre, Edinburgh.
Hamlet, 2007 played Guildenstern and Fortinbras at the Citizens Theatre, Glasgow.
The Vortex, 2007 played Tom Veryan at the Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester.
- The Vortex, by Noel Coward. General description of the play since I couldn’t find anything about this specific performance.
Knives in Hens, 2005 played Pony William at the TAG Theatre Company, Glasgow.
Outlying Islands, 2002 played John at the Royal Court Theatre Upstairs, London.
- Savage Nature of Island Life, in September 10, 2002.
- Top five theatrical sex scenes, in The Telegraph, August 31, 2002.
- Photos from production.
Romeo and Juliet, played Romeo at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama
The Twits, played Bird at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama
Prometheus Bound, played Hermes at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama
Crime & Punishment, played Razumikhin at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama
The Seagull, played Konstantin at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama